Automated Image-Based Wound Healing Assay to analyse Cell Migration in a High-throughput Format
The development of new drugs and biopharmaceuticals will turn the science of today into the medicine of tomorrow. This requires a precise experimental implementation from researchers and manufactures as well. All steps to achieve that goal are associated with high time pressure and a lot of time consuming assay work – in a very broad range of applications.
SYNENTEC developed an automated high-throughput solution for wound healing, scratch and migration assays while covering the us of round and rectangular silicone inserts as well as handmade or automated scratches.
Supported scratching methods e.g.
- Pipette tip scratches
- Automated Wound-Maker (e.g. like IncuCyte™ WoundMaker™, BioTek® AutoScratch™ or Robotic Pin Tools)
- Silicon inserts (e.g. like ibidi® culture-insert or ORIS™ Cell Migration Assay Plates)
Automatically detects all kind of cell free gaps
- Irregular shaped elongated scratches
- Automatically produced homogeneous scratches
- Cross-shaped with several compartments
- independent of orientation and angel inside the well
Extract from the software readout
- Wound dimension at each time point
- Confluence on wound periphery in % (to differentiate migration/proliferation)
- Confluence on cell free gap (wound) %
- Time lapsed closure curve
- All parameters to calculate wound density
- Intuitive 2-Phase software workflow to set up your experiment
- Performing automated high-quality image acquisition in parallel with accurate, reliable image analysis
- Automated, customizable data and image export function for report creation and documentation
- Available data batch-processing solutions for highest claims in plate throughput
- Supporting automation interfaces